Why Use a Physician Answering Service
Could your medical practice benefit from a physician answering service? If you are thinking of using such a service but are not sure how to evaluate your needs consider these questions:
- Have you ever experienced an unexpected staff shortage?
- Are patients forced to listen to lengthy messages when no one is available to answer the phone in person?
- Can your potential clients speak to a professional 24 hours a day when they are searching for a doctor?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions take the time right now to research physician answering service to address these concerns along with a host of other critical services designed to help grow your business and retain client confidence.
Medical receptionists employed by physician answering service are highly trained and understand the importance of representing your practice efficiently and with the utmost in professionalism. Whether you are looking for a service to handle your after hour calls, appointment scheduling or consultation referrals, there are key points you will want to consider when deciding which physician answering service to choose.
- 24 Hour Service Options: Make certain you have the flexibility to transfer incoming calls to your service even during regular office hours when needed. Many companies will also automatically answer your phone after a pre-determined number of rings so your clients will never have to listen to a recorded message.
- PERSONAL RECEPTION: You want to ensure that each call that is received is answered as though the receptionist is actually on-site at your office. Some services make it clear that you have reached an answering service and can only forward their name and phone number to your doctor.
- FLEXIBILITY: Because your needs will not necessarily be the same from day to day, you need to have the option of changing and updating your requirements as the situation demands.
When choosing the physician answering service that would best suit your office’s needs ask about all the options that are available both for when and how your calls are answered as well as other electronic services they can provide such as voice mail, faxing, e-mail, internet, etc.
As a doctor your time is in high demand and each call that comes into your office is important. Your patients, other physicians, pharmacies and labs as well as potential patients need to know that they will be able to speak to a professional medical receptionist who takes their call seriously and understands the importance of confidentiality. The right physician answering service will help you create a better balance between your professional and personal life. It is also a critical component in helping to grow a successful and thriving practice.
You have devoted a lot of time and effort into the business of caring for your patients. Invest a few more minutes into getting all the information you need in helping you choose the best physician answering service that will address all the needs of your practice.